Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lake Villa Home, IL ,USA Sunday Dec 20th,2009

Had a long meeting /discussion with Nellore Lab in-charge about various issues in the lab and the progress in lab activities etc.
 
This new person joined recently ( I haven't seen him ) ,having good experience in various labs, seems to be taking good interest in improving the quality of doing the tests and helping in all lab activities and spending good amount of time at the lab and helping all the people.
 
If this is true, I'm really happy....unlike earlier lab-in-charges who damaged the work culture and work environment and one person probably even committed fraud(allegation being theft of lab reagents from Nellore and Vijayawada centers ) who got terminated immediately....it's really scary to think about a lab-in-charge doing theft of reagents just after a month of joining...
 
As I mentioned before it's a big challenge whom to give responsibility in operating various business units at different locations...I believe the only possibility of running this business is to put efficient business processes and implement best IT tools and technology. But at this stage perhaps we're not in a postion to  implement state-of-art ERPs etc but should use the existing software solution as much as possible and improve the process guidelines etc.
 
The biggest challenge as in any business is MAN POWER and it looks to me if we can (somehow ) get people who're dedicated and sincere 90% of the issues are solved....
 
It looks 80% of energy is being spent on managing man-power and thinking about how genuine a person is.
 
Also had a long meeting with Nellore AM about the new online excel sheet that I prepared to keep track of all his area PROs marketing progress/activities. He seem to have understood about it, which he's been doing in a slightly different way. No big change, but this format will help me to understand better so I can keep a tab on sales/marketing.
 
And he also raised about the issues being created by the Radiologist....I need to discuss about these issues with the Radiologist tomorrow and see if he can rectify those....it looks like it's going to be a challenge to work with this Radiologist....another continuing on-going problems/issues with Radiologist....(problems never end )......
 
how Lucky I will be if everybody who works with me behave and work the way I expect them to work...:)..I guess then it's not a practical business/world..
 
Sunita was working today and I was with the kids at home.
 
Gave a call to my earlier manager about the HomeLand security visit to NABP but he also didn't have much information except that they came asked NABP about if I was working at NABP before.....wrote an email to Shaji and Fatima and cc the lawyer to let me know if they've more information.
 
That's it for Sunday !
 
Mohan Raju
 
 

No comments: