Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lake Villa Home,IL,USA Thursday Dec 17th, 2009

Today has been a day mixed equally with personal and business work.
 
Today is Sunita's day off and many of the personal and house work gets done only when she's at home....
 
I went to get my dental checkup/cleanup  work done at Comfort dental in Gurnee ( I really wonder if this early work does any good at all...or just helps the dental business...but anyway my wife insists that we all should get this done and the insurance anyway pays the bill, why not ?) , Sunita called to followup on a credit card loan that I applied yesterday, went to buy groceries and went for dinner at Grand e jacks along with kids (this is a Maxican restaurant in Lindenhurst,close to our home which we've been visiting frequently for quite sometime. Sunita and myself like some of the Mexican food as she's a pure vegetarian and it's also cheap with a coupon...why spend a single dollar extra ...)
 
Also I gave a call first time to one of my RECW 1990 Chem Engg batch mate, who's living in Doha, Qatar ..it's almost 20 rs since we left RECW.....I got his number from the recent emails from our batchmates.....
 
20 yrs is a long time in our life but when we think, it was just like yesterday...before you even know time passes so quickly..
 
I was also helping and coordinating to compile the list of all our 1990 batch Chem Engg students since last 2/3 days and we're almost close to tracing all of them except 3/4 people. Once we've the list we'll meet when possible and definitely for the silver jubilee of our batch in 2015..
 
My behaviour with money is: I believe, I've a reputation as a thrifty / frugal person, as I don't believe in spending.....because buying/spending never brings any happiness to me.....this mentality, probably I seem to have developed by listening to the Indian adage as a child ..."LAKSHMI (money ) always likes to stay with only those who wants to keep her ". I totally believe in this and it's very important for an entrepreneur to be very frugal, because there's no limit for spending and having luxuries in one's life in this material world...I'm personally very content and very happy and blessed with the material comforts that we've earned in these countries and been enjoying in this world. 
Doing a business to get more material comforts has never been in my mind /or the reason that I wanted to business ....I just pray that we should just be able to continue with the same comforts that we've been currently enjoying. 
 
I totlly believe in saying that,one of the important traits of a successfull entrepreneur is: getting more material comforts should never be the reason doing a business.
 
OK, coming to the work that was done today: Prepared 20 Newyear cards that I will send to our RM in India to personally distribute to our top most referral doctors.
 
Gave a call to MD (discussed on how we can focus on our marketing people and their work etc ) and also spoke with 2 of our AMs for the first time and explained them and asked them to prepare their area monthly/quarterly targets and compile the list of all the doctors/RMPs etc so I can call them daily to see the progress.
 
It looks there's huge amount of sales/marketing work that needs to be streamlined and I will be focusing in coordinating these activities.
 
Sales/Marketing is one of the areas we never focused fully and lacked our efforts from the begining and now we're seeing the negative impact of not doing in a professional way.
Hope fully with all the new AMs and RM into position we will be able to accomplish all the required sales/marketing activites in a methodical way.
 
Also, I was reading various Diagnostics news and dvelopements on the web and I post them into our blog.....this blog has been stopped since March when I was totally working on the ground. Now when I've some time, I will be doing this job as well...
 
That's it for today and see you tomorrow.
 
 
Mohan Raju 

No comments: